What is the Key to Good Dressing?
“'... simplicity, grooming and good taste - the three fundamentals of fashion - cannot be bought. But they can be learnt, by rich and poor alike." Christian Dior
I need to start today, editing my wardrobe. Looking through my closet, there is visually a lot to minimize. Clothes that are not elegant, things that haven’t been touched in years, clothes that are too big or small... lots of shoes needing repair. So where do I begin?
- Analyze my wardrobe. Do I have my basics?
- Do I have the right accessories?
- Do I commit any fashion faux-pas in my collection ?
- Old, faded clothing: They should go.
- Tears, holes and stains in the clothing: Repair and remove.
- Scuffed Shoes. Usually I would say throw them out, but maybe there is something your cobbler can do.
- Clothes which are not ironed. Buy Clothes that need no ironing!
- Clothes of ridiculous fashion.
- Grubby looking bags that needs to be washed, repaired and most likely thrown out.
- Fake designer goods.
Redefining my wardrobe: THROW OUT: -
- Clothes beyond repair
- Clothes that are too big or small, or do not fit properly
- Clothes no longer in fashion
- Clothes that you don't wear anymore because they are too long or short
- Clothes with holes
- Clothes that are faded
- Clothes that have rips in them
- Clothes that clearly have been washed too often
- Clothes with unremovable stains
- Cheap looking clothes
- Scuffed shoes
- Bags that have lost their shape
- Bags that are beyond repair
- Fabric bags whose fabric looks dirty and are beyond the wash
- Hats, accessories that have gone out of style
- Costume jewelry that looks dull and fake
But... clearing out is only the beginning. One of the main things I want for ThePoshGurl in the new ‘lifestyle’ is a suitable style that reflects herself (with the hint of icons)!! So HOW??
BASICS are the most important thing so -- How to know if you do not have enough of the Everyday Basics?
- Do you take too long to get dressed?
- Do you have a hard time finding something to go with tops or bottoms?
- Do you always feel a slight tinge of embarrassment when you open the door of your house, or when you have chance meeting with your friend?
- Do you feel grubby? Or too casual?
- Everyday basics should be clothes that can be worn like a uniform and throughout the year. Your Everyday basics depends on your lifestyle.
Clothes must aspire to a lifestyle, and this is what I need to focus on!!